HMT Health and Safety Protocols
UPDATED: January 10, 2023
*COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all campers and staff.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK
With the ever changing pandemic world, it is hard to say from one day to the next what the mandates will be due to COVID. We will continue to follow the state and local requirements to help protect campers, families, and our community. By the very nature of the personal interactions and activities that take place in a school or camp environment, there is always a risk of your child contracting illness, disease or infection. It is our goal to create a safe and fun environment for all that experience Hope Musical Theatre. We are excited to offer in-person programming again this summer to our families for the 2023 Season! Below, you will find a summary of some actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk and any other communicable disease as much as possible.
Daily Protocols will be:
- All Campers & Staff are required to be vaccinated.
- We are asking that families help by screening your children for symptoms each day before arriving at camp. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell.
- A “drive-thru” style drop off and pick up will be implemented. Parents and family members will not be allowed at camp until SHOW DAY.
- Students will be placed in cohort groups.
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices by emphasizing the importance of washing hands, providing students with hand sanitizer when transitioning between spaces or before eating snacks or lunch.
- Masks are optional both indoors and outdoors for both campers and staff. (We will follow mandates by the State and adhere to local guidelines.)
- Asking anyone who is sick to stay home. New cases must be reported to HMT.
- If a child does get sick while on site, we have identified an area where they can rest, be watched after, and safely isolated from others. We will communicate with parents or caretakers directly to plan for immediate pick up.
- All participants are required to acknowledge their understanding of the plan outlined above by signing the COVID Health and Safety Waiver upon registration.
**If 2023 isn’t the right summer for your family to come to camp, we hope to see you at Hope Musical Theatre in the near future!**