After careful thought and planning, we are excited to offer limited in-person programming to our families for the 2021 Season that follow current county requirements to protect campers, families, and our community. The health and safety of our students and staff remain our highest priority. Below, you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible.
Daily Protocols will be:
- We are asking that families help by screening your children for symptoms each day before arriving at camp. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell.
- A contact free drive-thru drop off and pick up will be implemented. Parents and family members will not be allowed at camp until SHOW DAY.
- Intensifying cleaning and disinfection practices within our facilities and premises by cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces often (e.g. door handles, bathroom stalls, faucets, etc.), cleaning and disinfecting objects if they are shared often (e.g. art supplies, props, etc.)
- Keeping students in stable cohort groups and spacing them out with clear markers. Group sizes will align with current County requirements.
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices by emphasizing the importance of washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, monitoring students to make sure they are washing their hands properly, providing students with hand sanitizer when transitioning between spaces, and posting signs about these healthy habits around the facility.
- Requiring all staff and students to wear a cloth face covering (as mandated by State and County guidelines.) Campers do NOT need to wear a mask outdoors but are still required to wear a mask indoors. They will also be allowed to remove masks during designated water/ snack breaks only.
- Asking anyone who is sick or was sick with COVID-19 in the last 14 days— including staff, students, and families— to stay home.
- If a child does get sick while on site, we have identified an area where they can rest, be watched after, and safely isolated from others. We will communicate with parents or caretakers directly to plan for immediate pick up.
- All participants are required to acknowledge their understanding of the plan outlined above by signing the COVID Health and Safety Waiver upon registration.